The Child Centered Community Development Programme is a new initiative by SOCH. The idea behind this project is to work on multiple facets of development in a specific geography, while keeping children at the focus. For the overall and sustainable development of children , their whole community and especially the women have to be kept in focus. It is with this idea that Paradeep Phosphates Limited and SOCH have joined hands to work extensively in the domains of Education, Empowerment, Livelihood, Health, WASH and overall community development at Ballijhara and Bauriya Palanda slums of Paradeep. The project caters to children, women, youth and elderly as well!
- To reduce and prevent children from dropping out of schools.
- To increase the quality of education by capacitating the educators and modifying the learning environments.
- To make SDG 6, of clean water and sanitation accessible to all members of the community.
- To create platforms that make livelihood options for women adequate and sustainable.
- To strive for gender justice by empowering women as well as sensitizing the community.
- To make health care services accessible for all members of the community.